What are KLOEs?
Key Lines of Enquiry (KLOE) are segmented into 5 focus areas, as each care community is expected to be:
- Safe – Are service users, staff and visitors are protected from abuse and avoidable harm?
- Effective – Does the care, treatment, and support of people achieve good outcomes? Does the community promote a good quality of life and is this evidence-based where possible?
- Caring – Does the staff involve and treat people with compassion, kindness, dignity and respect?
- Responsive – Are services organised so that they meet people’s needs?
- Well-led – Does the management of the organisation assure the delivery of high-quality person-centred care, support learning and innovation, and promote an open and fair culture?
Why use KLOEs?
The CQC has reported that they, “…use these questions when making decisions about registering providers; as a framework for our use of data, evidence and information in our surveillance of services; and in our guidance, inspections, ratings and published inspection reports.”
The CQC has said that “Having a standard set of KLOEs ensures consistency of what we look at under each of the five key questions and that we focus on those areas that matter most. This is vital for reaching a credible, comparable rating. To enable inspection teams to reach a rating, they gather and record evidence in order to answer each KLOE.”
How can you demonstrate compliance?
Each care community must demonstrate compliance with KLOEs in order to achieve a high CQC grade from the regulator during an inspection. Demonstrating compliance could be anything from providing evidence of person-led care planning to showing that patient outcomes have been achieved. Electronic care planning and resident engagement software like StoriiCare help adult day services and care homes demonstrate this evidence easily and effectively. StoriiCare’s instant reporting and exporting functionality and GDPR-compliant data storage make it simple to provide the inspectorate with a complete audit trail. During care inspectorate investigations, the data StoriiCare tracks can be quickly made available to show how your community meets CQC requirements.
Meeting CQC Guidelines
Care management software like StoriiCare not only helps staff deliver better care, but makes it easy for providers to adhere to CQC guidance, regulations, and feedback. To simplify, we’ve outlined the KLOEs below and demonstrated how StoriiCare helps meet each standard.
- Because our care management platform creates an automatic and instant audit trail, it allows senior care providers to demonstrate, when, where and how care was provided, helping them to evidence safer care provision.
- StoriiCare allows you to instantly access and carry out risk assessments and incident/accident reports. Anytime an incident/accident report is created, it flags for management review and comment. The implementation of care management technology demonstrates responsibility and an effort to learn and make improvements.
- StoriiCare frees up providers to spend more time caring for their service users by reducing the amount of time spent on administrative tasks. One of our senior care clients reported that since implementing StoriiCare, staff spent 1-2 hours less per day on paperwork.
- Our clients can submit feature requests and bug reports and Live Chat with our support team. Additionally, they can view our Product Roadmap to see what features are planned, in progress, and recently completed. We take client feedback very seriously and are constantly improving and updating our software so that staff can provide the best care possible.
- With StoriiCare, providers can be proactive about involving families in their loved one’s care and day-to-day life. Connected relatives can see what activities their loved one has participated in and any photos staff have posted. Additionally, families can collaborate with staff to create personal playlists, life stories, photo albums and significant locations, offering a high level of person-centred care. StoriiCare allows staff and families to work closely together to understand what is important to their loved one.
- Our care planning system tracks data points that matter. This means senior care management can generate and view in-depth analytics in seconds. These insights allow care providers to respond and make decisions more effectively.
- With StoriiCare, users can send instant message alert notifications to the Staff Noticeboard. This allows management to actively monitor and respond to critical issues requiring staff focus.
- Rather than combing through files to find information a resident, staff can quickly and easily collaborate and access goals, progress notes, assessments, outcomes, tasks, care plans, user’s beliefs, interests, needs, etc. all from one place!
- Having comprehensive documentation on an individual’s needs, goals and requirements right at your fingertips help staff provide the most effective care possible.
- Low staff turnover benefits the standards of care. Willingness to acquire innovative care management software like StoriiCare demonstrates your values. It evidences that you care about your staff’s work experience and seek to enhance both their satisfaction and their ability to deliver gold-standard, person-centred care.
- Implementing an electronic care planning system empowers senior care staff to provide better, more person-centred care. The increased level of information that providers have at their disposal allows them to make more informed decisions.
- The ability to quickly document and access all of the information on StoriiCare instantly is a fantastic asset to any senior care provider. Perhaps the most valuable part of this is the ability to generate and export customised reports in seconds. This helps significantly during inspections where one might be asked to present a series of information they don’t typically access. Additionally, it demonstrates a focus on quality assurance.
Improve your CQC grade
Schedule a free demo of StoriiCare. See for yourself what a difference this software can make to improving and evidencing the quality of care you provide!